In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Exact policies for our Relay Safe Commitment will be adapted as COVID-19 conditions change. Final policies will be determined at least one week prior to the event and communicated to all participants.
· Event signage will promote safe social distancing practices including maintaining 6 feet of distance between others.
· Dedicated waiting spots will be provided to aid in social distancing in areas where participants congregate such as packet pickup lines, start line, and portable restroom lines.
· Personal responsibilities will be communicated to participants, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors prior to the event.
Cleaning and Sanitation
· Touch points will be reduced to minimize physical interactions and frequent cleaning will be used to sanitize any remaining high touch areas, such as portable toilet door handles.
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event including at packet pickup, transition areas, the finish line, and in and around portable toilets. Hand washing stations will be located near all portable toilets and at each transition area.
· On course water stations and food trucks will be eliminated from the course. Sealed water bottles and individually wrapped food items will be handed out by volunteers wearing gloves at the finish line or included in the team packet.
· Staff and volunteers will be required to sanitize hands regularly throughout the event.
Personal Protective Equipment
· All staff and volunteers will wear face coverings in times where social distancing cannot be maintained. In addition to social distancing measures, participants will be required to wear face coverings at the event while not an active runner six feet or more from another runner on the course.
· Mandatory Mask Zones will include packet pickup, the start corral, transition areas, the finish line and gear/food areas.
· Face masks will be available at packet pickup and the starting line for participants and volunteers.
· Total event capacity will be limited to 350 teams (approximately 1900 participants) who will spread out over 25 miles along the race course. Participants will be limited to 500 people per acre at the finish line at any given time. All other course locations will be limited to 250 people per acre.
· Start Corrals will be limited to a maximum of 30 runners per starting wave and will include signage to help runners maintain social distancing. Start waves will be spread over a 4-hour timespan to reduce the number of runners at each point on the course.
· Only one runner per team will be allowed to pick up the team packet to reduce the number of individuals at packet pickup.
· Non-active and outgoing runners will remain in their vehicles prior to their designated run other than for essential activities such using the restroom, briefly warming up or lining up to start their run. Text messaging, runner tracking, and event announcements will be used to communicate runner start times.
· Teams will be given a recommended arrival time to the starting line and to each transition to reduce congregating.
· Spectators will be discouraged from congregating on the course to cheer on runners.
· Post-race activities will be staggered and modified to meet DHEC PPE and social distancing guidelines.
· On-site registration will be eliminated. Registration and payment will be available online only.
· Online pre-ordering will be available for gear sales and onsite sales will use contactless payment.
Screening and At-Risk Persons
· Participants, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors will be asked to self-screen and stay home for any of the following reasons:
· Have been in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event.
· Have experienced or been in contact with someone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days prior to the event.
· Have a body temperature reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
· All participants and especially at-risk persons are encouraged to consult a physician prior to participating.
· If staff, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, or participants become ill during the event, we will isolate them in their vehicle until medical assistance can be obtained. This location will be communicated with all race partners prior to the event.